Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Message from your leader!!!!!!!

Hello everyone and may I also wish you a very happy new year.

Anne is quite right we have one wedding challenge which is current and I  issued the rules for the wedding panel in November and there is a forfeit to be paid in the form of teaching if the panel is not returned on January 21st - to date no one (not even me appears to be reneging on it) - those that I have spoken to have either started or have a good idea - so keep up the good work.

There will be two further challenges this year both of which are pass around challenges - the first  of which will be launched on Saturday 21st January and is based very loosely on "The House that Jack Built"  - ours will be the House that the DollyBirds Built!!!

I am expecting that the following people will be participating in this Challenge  - Pauline, Tina, Marlene, Jo, Shenagh, Helen, Sue and me - please let me know if anyone else is expecting to join in as I am in the process of finalising the pass around sequence and order of work. 
I am going to try to keep the progress of your house secret once you have handed it over so with this in mind could I please ask that you bring your journal, measurement, fabric, negative preference and found object in a plastic bag so that no one can see the contents and put your name on a piece of paper/card within so that I have a record of which one belongs to which person.
Then hopefully you will not see your 'house' again until the end when we will have a grand 'topping out' ceremony and there will be cake as reward for all your hard work!

Rules for this challenge have not yet been finalised but I will give them out to the participants when we begin but they are broadly as we agreed with one or two refinements - mainly to protect you from me!!!!!

The second challenge  (There was an Old Woman who Swallowed a Fly.....) will launch later  as I feel we should look at ways of making  stump dolls, appropriate heads and animals.  I will start this on 21st January - you do not need to bring anything for this session as it will be  information only - I will bring as many images, patterns, ideas for heads  as I can find that could be suitable for a stump doll.

Please bring some work of your own that you can be doing as we discuss the two challenges.


Hope this is clearish!!!!!!!!
Chris

No comments: